What are the biggest lessons you have learned in the corporate world?
1. Lesson 1: The more efficient you are at your work, the more you will be burdened with it. Try not to show over efficiency. It seriously brings no good. Especially if you are in IT! 🙂
2. Lesson 2: Absolutely nobody really cares about your individual progress in the corporate world. All that matters is what you contribute to the company as a whole in the end.
(Give them profits and take promotions/appreciations)
3. Lesson 3: One fine day in your career, there will definitely come a time when you will take up that job just for the money/ financial luring and nothing else.
(Because, in private organisations, your package should be atleast experience multiplied by 2.5 lakhs.)
4. Lesson 4: Desk Jobs kill creativity. Ask the people who are doing it. They themselves hate it, seriously!
5. Lesson 5: Very often in your career at the corporate, you will be held accountable for tasks that weren’t even your responsibility in the first place. Else you would be held accountable for why you did’t deep dived into the process on your own.
(What would you do with such a progress ? Take initiatives and learn the art of accountability and responsibilities.)
6. Lesson 6: You will be dealing with a dozen tasks other than what you were initially hired for. Your scope of work will only keep increasing day by day eventually. And your manager/supervisor would be having a perfect answer for this.
(When will you grow ? )
7. Lesson 7: And like always, you would be constantly made to believe that you need the company more than it needs you, and bullshits like that, it is not always true. I admit you need the company during your initial years of employment, but it’s a vice-versa afterwards.
(No one let go of experienced resources.)
There is a saying, when one crab tries coming out of a mud-pit, all the other crabs pull it down. In the companies, there would be lurings- such as promotions, hikes etc etc. They won’t leave you till they see that you still have it in you. 🙂
8. Lesson 8: Generally, the client or team meetings are a complete waste of time. This is always true. Nothing and i mean nothing good has ever come out of them, really. Most people aren’t listening most of the times, and the ones who are talking are just far away from reality.
9. Lesson 9: If you’re sluggish, you’ll be ridiculed by your boss. If you’re proactive, you’ll be hated by your colleagues. Been there, done that!
10. Lesson 10: Your general and basic needs as an employee would go completely ignored, most of the times. You won’t be getting what you exactly deserve until you raise your voice and put your foot down at last.
11. Lesson 11: You will be made (sometimes forced) to work with uninspiring set of people and it will be the most difficult task ever. Your team-mates would neither be of any help, nor would they make it possible for you take everything in your own hands, and it will kill your passion eventually.
12. Lesson 12: People around you will constantly pull you down with their cynicism solely because they hate your guts. They will always hate you. Someone else’s progress never made the other person happy.
13. Lesson 13: Nobody is ever going to appreciate you when you would be contributing in extra hours every single day ,but the one time you leave a little early, hell’s gonna break out lose for sure.
14. Lesson 14: Whichever/Whatever new initiatives you are volunteering for, becomes your sole responsibility at the end. Volunteer at your own risk, it sometimes lands you into big troubles.
15. Lesson 15: The HR Department is useless as shit, wherever you go. They dont do a shit work and proclaim as they are the ones who are running the entire organisation.
16. Lesson 16: Office politics is definitely not a myth. It just happens everywhere. No one from the corporate culture has missed that and cannot deny the same.
17. Lesson 17: But meritocracy is. There will be times when undeserving people will get credit for the work you do, simply because they are higher up on the corporate ladder. Your supervisor/manager will,most of the times would be taking the credit for the good work that has been done. Meritocracy was and will always be a sheer myth in corporate culture.
18. Lesson 18: Half of your time will be spent in sending out unnecessary useless mails that will never even be read to countless people who want to feel important, before you can actually start working. And more often than not, you will end up doing everything yourself.
19. Lesson 19: Employee retaining policy is just to fool you. You are just given a hike to stay and then again you are forced to stay in that environment again.
20. Lesson 20: My Company is the best to work for- Say’s no employee ever. (Fresher’s i am not talking about you)
Hope it helps a bit ! 🙂
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Detailed About Kriya Yoga
Babaji’s Kriya Yoga is a scientific art of perfect God Truth union and Self-Realization. It was revived by a great…
25 FORMS OF YOGA, NOT EVERYONE CAN DO
1.Quantum Yoga Quantum Yoga is based on principles of quantum physics, which has proven that energy and matter are not…
Different Principles of Yoga everyone need to know.
Different Principles of Yoga everyone need to know. Patanjali’s Eight Principles of Yoga Abstinence (yama) Observance (niyama) Posture (asana) Regulation of breath (pranayama) Withdrawal…