CEO and Founder, Amazon
- Jeff Bezos founded e-commerce colossus Amazon in 1994 out of his garage in Seattle. He remains CEO and owns a nearly 12% stake.
- He divorced his wife MacKenzie in July 2019 after 25 years of marriage and transferred one quarter of his Amazon stake to her.
- MacKenzie Bezos’s 4% slice of Amazon makes her one of the world’s richest women.
- In 2018, Amazon had $230 billion in revenues and a record $10 billion in net profit, up from $3 billion the prior year.
- In February, Amazon announced it was canceling plans for a second headquarters in Long Island City, New York after local lawmakers opposed the plan.
- Bezos owns The Washington Post and Blue Origin, an aerospace company that is developing a rocket for commercial use.
Cofounder, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- With his wife Melinda, Bill Gates chairs the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the world’s largest private charitable foundation.
- The foundation works to improve global health and to create equal opportunity for people around the globe.
- Gates has sold or given away much of his stake in Microsoft — he owns just over 1% of shares — and invested in a mix of stocks and other assets.
- He remains a board member of Microsoft, the software firm he founded with Paul Allen (d. 2018) in 1975.
- In early 2019, Gates responded to the public backlash against billionaires by reiterating his support for a higher estate tax.
- To date, Gates has donated $35.8 billion worth of Microsoft stock to the Gates Foundation.
CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
- Known as the “Oracle of Omaha,” Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors of all time.
- Buffett runs Berkshire Hathaway, which owns more than 60 companies, including insurer Geico, battery maker Duracell and restaurant chain Dairy Queen.
- The son of a U.S. congressman, he first bought stock at age 11 and first filed taxes at age 13.
- He’s promised to give away over 99% of his fortune. In 2019 he donated $3.6 billion, much of it to the foundation of friends Bill and Melinda Gates.
- In 2010, he and Gates launched the Giving Pledge, asking billionaires to commit to donating half their wealth to charitable causes.
4.Bernard Arnault & family
Chairman and CEO, LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
- One of the world’s ultimate taste-makers, Bernard Arnault oversees an empire of 70 brands including Louis Vuitton and Sephora.
- His luxury goods group, LVMH, posted record sales and profits in 2018, thanks in part to increased spending by Chinese customers.
- The arts patron is the visionary behind the $135 million Frank Gehry-designed Foundation Louis Vuitton museum near Paris, opened in 2014.
- Arnault and LVMH pledged over $220 million to help repair the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris following a devastating fire in mid April 2019.
- His daughter Delphine is executive vice president of Louis Vuitton, and a member of LVMH’s executive committee.
- His father made a small fortune in construction; Arnault put up $15 million from that business to buy Christian Dior in 1985.
5.Carlos Slim Helu & family
Honorary Chairman, América Móvil
- Mexico’s richest man, Carlos Slim Helu and his family control America Movil, Latin America’s biggest mobile telecom firm.
- With foreign telecom partners, Slim bought a stake in Telmex, Mexico’s only phone company, in 1990. Telmex is now part of America Movil.
- He also owns stakes in Mexican construction, consumer goods, mining and real estate companies and 17% of The New York Times.
- His son-in-law Fernando Romero designed the Soumaya Museum in Mexico City, home to Slim’s extensive, eclectic art collection.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Detailed About Kriya Yoga
Babaji’s Kriya Yoga is a scientific art of perfect God Truth union and Self-Realization. It was revived by a great…
25 FORMS OF YOGA, NOT EVERYONE CAN DO
1.Quantum Yoga Quantum Yoga is based on principles of quantum physics, which has proven that energy and matter are not…
Different Principles of Yoga everyone need to know.
Different Principles of Yoga everyone need to know. Patanjali’s Eight Principles of Yoga Abstinence (yama) Observance (niyama) Posture (asana) Regulation of breath (pranayama) Withdrawal…